Friday, October 03, 2008

Weekend Promises

I promise to sleep in on Sunday, and urge my sleepy children to do the same.

I promise to watch a lot of sporting events caring little of the score, but the playing in between.

I promise to relax a little, and encourage my family to do the same.

I promise to stay up late on Saturday to watch SNL past the first musical act.

I promise not to think, talk or otherwise engage in politics except for the SNL vow.

I promise to clean out another dresser, although if I don’t get to it, I promise not to be too hard on myself.

I promise to cook something comforting and delicious.

I promise to take one really great picture of one of the kids doing something they enjoy.

I promise to push J-Dog on that bucket swing every time she goes to the door and says, “Go.”

I promise to kiss my husband square on the mouth for no good reason.

I promise to make bacon for Matty on Sunday morning.

I promise to write the next chapter in my novel, even if it’s just on the pages of my mind.

I promise to breathe. Deeply.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Those are some great promises. I hope you keep them!

I want to see pictures of your kids because they are SO CUTE I cannot stand it.

We'll make some bacon over here too. My daughter lists it as her favorite food whenever asked. :-)

Carl said...

I promise to stay up late on Saturday to watch SNL past the first musical act.

I promise not to think, talk or otherwise engage in politics except for the SNL vow.


I, too, want to see what Tina Fey makes of the debates.

Mmmm...I do adore bacon. But, the most charming thought here is "Go". A child swinging is amazing. Such delight from the most simple motion. We adults could learn a thing or two, eh?