Monday, October 27, 2008

*

I hate this day. It's the one with the built-in grief, the automatic sorrow. The day I get through with a giant asterisk amending all of the days thoughts and feelings.

I lost my Mom 9 years ago today, and I have missed her every single minute since.

This day marks how much has changed, and how little. So much has happened in 9 years, but I feel the same as I did then--a scared girl who doesn't know how I'm going to get through this without my Mom.

So know I'm holding you a little closer today, Mom. If that's possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my day comes on June 1st.
And even though I know it is coming...it never, ever gets easier.

Hang in there. Be strong.
She is right there with you, every step of the way.

Kirsten said...

I am shedding a tear for you. I really am.

You know I feel your pain... and my dad has been gone for 30 years. It still hurts. I bet your mom was amazing. I'm sure she would be so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Your mom is still right there with you, right behind your children's eyes. I lost my dad 5 years ago and I see bits of him in all of my kids, a smile, a mannerism, a talent for working with their hands. I brings me comfort that he's never really far away.