Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Uh, oh, she's getting all mushy again

Ah, summer eve. The school year ends tomorrow morning.

I say that with the joy of a mother who is looking forward to spending some time--prefarably after 8 a.m.--with her kids for a while, but also with gratitude for what we all have in our school.

I truly believe that teachers are our partners in educating our children. It isn't a single-starring role, because teaching is a 24-7 job.

We are all blessed with people that come into our lives and inspire us in unexpected ways throughout our lifetime. It can come from teachers, friends, classmates, neighbors, family...there is simply no limit to the amount and variety of sources, just whether or not we recognize and welcome them in.

This year, I've watched each of my children grow and thrive in very different ways. It hasn't always been a smooth ride, but even those bumps have taught very valuable lessons. And as I look at them today I realize just how beautiful they all look wrapped in quilts with these different patches of inspiration.

I am proud of them.

I am grateful for them.

And I am grateful for all of those other teachers who wrapped them up.

No comments: