Monday, June 22, 2009

Day something or other

I've spent so much time in the Gulf that I have barnacles in my hair and I haven't turned on my hair dryer since last Monday. I've lost my pedicure somewhere in a sand dollar bed, and There's a sheen of salt that coats my body so you could cure a ham on my belly. And you know what? I'm good with this look.

Today's surf was a little rough so we weren't collecting many treasures except a mean case of sand burn when scraped up against the shore after a particularly bitchy wave. We'll try again tonight for the nightly trek out to Shark's Tooth beach to watch the sunset and collect, what else but shark's teeth. Last night we saw about six dolphin swim by as close as an arm's length out, and I'm kind of excited to see if they'll be back.

I just hope my beach beauty doesn't scare them away.

No comments: