Saturday, June 27, 2009

The good news and the bad, and bad and good again

The bad news is that my brand new laptop suffered major liquid damage on vacation when after a particularly championship-like WiFi signal pickup, got its own Gatorade shower on the sidelines.

The good news is that after immediately taking it to the ER upon our return, it can, in fact, be saved.

The bad news is that it can be saved for $1240.00.

The other bad news is that clumsiness is not covered under the year-long warranty which I was only 20 days in.

The good news is that I paid for it with American Express (upon Sean's urging) and it turns out that they do have a stupidity clause that will cover most of the repair work.

The other good news is that Apple can save that wet chapter of the novel for an additional $100.

The end resulting news is that after claims filing, two weeks and throwing up in relief that it could have been a lot more bad news than good, I will have my computer and chapter back after only a minimal out-of-pocket cost.

And up for interpretation for good or bad is the news that I didn't have to drown myself in that pool of Gatorade that dripped from my keyboard if the results of this fiasco had gone any differently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!!!!