Wednesday, May 06, 2009

What's on my mind this Wednesday

So I think after tonight’s party at Vincenzo’s (which I will be Twittering live so you can tune in there and win some swag if you aren’t able to make it live and in person--follow me @Subdiva) and tomorrow night’s Mom’s Nite Out event at Tyrone Square Mall, I may just be done with the fun media events for a couple of weeks. Hmmm...maybe I’ll clean a closet or something.

But I probably won’t. Instead, I think I’m going to turn my attention to getting a new computer. Not a new pc, but a new...do I dare say it aloud? Apple.

Yep, I’m going to become one of those annoying tech nerds that spouts off about the technical superiority of the Mac. So please don’t hate me, but I need the foodnetwork.com to load in less than 87 minutes and not shut down every other open window.

I can’t help it. Right now, after an exhaustive update on all virus, anti-spy ware, defragmenting, sweeping, and oriental massages that are illegal in 28 states; I have some sort of bug that only allows me to cut and paste every other Thursday and no backspacing at all. Apparently, Vista demands not only perfect typing skills, but a non-fickle mind as well. It seriously takes all of my finite patience not to rip the stupid thing from the wall and hurl it into the pool after every. Single. Email. I’ve got your clean disk right here.

So when I think about all of the time I’m going to save not fighting with this ridiculous OS, well, I just might be able to clean that closet after all.

No comments: