Monday, December 15, 2008

Crunch Time

It’s crunch time.

Crunching nuts for the snicker noodles. Crunching the red tissue to wrap in gift bags. Crunching the pavement to finish the shopping. Crunching the keyboard to get everything written and turned in on time. Crunching the star anise for the marinated olives to serve on Friday (please don’t ask). Crunching time.

I won’t lie to you and tell you I’m at all comfortable with this. Even today--on a Monday--the day of false confidence, I still feel overwhelmed at the enormity of the tasks ahead this week. But somehow, task by task, item by item, marinated olive by mini Yorkshire pudding I will prevail with proper inspiration.

Chocolate.

I’ve got a box of See’s candies on the table, and every time I walk past it to change laundry loads, I stuff my mouth like the dining room table is a quickened conveyor belt and I am Lucy at the candy factory. (Don’t tell Ricky I want to be in the show!)

I imagine crunch time is not exclusive around here, so I’m sending you some chocolate inspiration, too. I’ve got a $25 gift cert certificate to See’s Candy to give away to one of my Ethel’s. You can use it for a chocolate gift to yourself, as business gifts or just apply it directly to your soul. It’s up to you.

Divamail me your favorite chocolate candy type--mine is the chocolate-covered cherry--and that’ll be enough to earn a spot in the Santa hat for a drawing next Monday, December 22.

So let’s redefine "crunch time" as a peanut-cluster chocolate candy this week, shall we?

1 comment:

Lael Trent said...

The advantages of promotional gifts can hardly be understated, that’s why companies don’t hesitate to spend millions on corporate gifting. Good year or bad its inescapable and that’s why my company is gifting the ipod this Christmas, nothing fancy, they bought them from www.ipodyourlife.co.in/make_it.aspx and I know for sure that they made wonderful corporate gifts as appreciation.