Monday, December 29, 2008

Could I have a side of steak with my steak?

I'm a little sluggish today. I think it has something to do with our dinner out last night.

Sean and I went to one of those Brazilian restaurants where all they serve is meat. You know the ones--it smells a little gamy, like maybe you stumbled into a duck blind rather than an upscale restaurant. You have a card next to your plate which you flip 'yay' or 'nay' depending on how much animal protein you can pile on your plate or if you suddenly start mooing.

Now you know me. I don't shy away from a nice filet medium-rare. I likes me some beef. But this was not good. While I appreciated the waiters in gauchos, I thought I'd lose an eye if I had one more skewer of roasting meat placed in front of me. I don't know if my colon will ever fully recover. I have grill marks on my own tongue. I can feel my appendix regenerating as we speak to digest all of the bones imploding in my stomach.

So tonight for dinner in order to restore digestive balance, we're either going to eat that "special" yogurt that Jamie Lee Curtis is always pushing rather ickily, or kelp.

Kelp it is then.

No comments: