Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A New Day

First off, let me just express how happy I am today. With the total absence of smugness, and only with genuine and sincere happiness and pride, I feel a big wave of good Karma spreading. I haven't felt that in many years, and I know I'm not alone in that feeling no matter who you voted for. Time to unite and fix our country together.

And on a more personal front, we begin a new chapter around here today as well. Sean has officially announced his resignation from the Lightning effective next month.

We don't know where that next opportunity will be yet, but I know it will be the right thing for our family. I am so proud of what he's done here, so only good things come after something this special. He is going to take Christmas off, and then drive me crazy for a week before he gets tired of changing light bulbs and diapers and considers our next adventure. He jokes that Suburban Diva will be the new breadwinner, but for the $4.05 I bring in monthly, it's going to be pretty crappy bread.

Send him an email if you want. You know he's going to want to hear from someone other than me yelling for him to refill my martini glass all day long...

3 comments:

Carl said...

If Sean's filling your martini glass, what will the intern do? Oh, fill Sean's!

Kirsten said...

A new day indeed.

Cheers to that!

Anonymous said...

The Intern will be the only one in the house working......