Tuesday, July 15, 2008

OOOOhhhhh, those dry sockets

Well, I figured out what a dry socket is. Where there is nothing covering the exposed bone in your jaw so that it feel like there is someone offshore drilling in your head 24/7.

I fugured it out cuz I gots 2 of them.

Seriously. Give me a freaking break. No wonder I'm so grumpy, my skeleton is showing!

So, he is putting some weird dressing there that tastes like an old postage stamp was forgotten on my tongue, and I have to get it changed out every 48 hours. Seriously.

But it least it only hurts half as much.

But bonus!!! I went to the other kind of doctor that I really don't particularly care to see too often, and he said that I didn't have to lose any weight! Ha! He said I was "unamerican" for him not to have to let me go with a stern warning to drop some l.b.'s.

Wooohooo!

(I did not tell him that I haven't eaten in 7 days because of my toothache, but please don't spoil this moment for me....)

5 comments:

Marcy Massura said...

Oh my gosh that is so painful. I can't believe you lasted this long. BUT on the other hand you are now a skinny mini...so all I have to do is have some teeth ripped out and let my jaw bone and nerves be exposed for a week to be skinny again? Seriously- at this point I would do it! That is just sad isn't it?

JODI said...

I am glad to see my Web MD came in handy and you got fixed up by a real MD

Kirsten said...

Oh that just sounds so painful! I hope the pain goes away soon.

Congrats on being unamerican. I am very American right now. I think I'll go run on my treadmill. :-)

Musings of a Housewife said...

Oh girl! I had that too. YEOWCH!!! Hope you got some good meds.

Tracey said...

I do appreciate the head's up on the old Web DDS, Jodi. Perhaps I could have saved myself a lot of pain had I been able to reach the keyboard in the last week...

But seriously, how great is not eating AND not being hungry? And unamerican? I know it's sick and wrong to think like that, but Marcy and Mama Spice, I hear you loud and clear gal-pals...