Tuesday, September 02, 2008

September

I've been ignoring the calendar page flip to September for quite some time.

I've not thought past Labor Day in one of my ill-conceived mental protests that only hurts me in the end. Even school was just pre-season since we had hurricanes and a holiday.

We puntuated Summer '08 with good food, good friends, and a weekend o'fun in general. We had a late night swim last night (from which we are all dragging from today)and there are enough leftovers to carry us through until I make my way to the store again.

But now I can no longer delude myself into thinking we're still in summer. I've got to get my butt on a treadmill, my fingers on a keyboard and my mind on that autumn schedule known as "crazy." The girls both have colds and J's nose needs to be chilsed for air holes, so I'll probably be going to the doctor at some point this week which will make re-entry into responsible motherhood complete.

Hey September, be gentle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't look now, but there is Halloween stuff already appearing on store shelves. We don't even get to enjoy September... It's just a speed bump between summer and fall.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I was in "Fall-Denial" as well. But as I sit here with the kids in school (2nd day-yes I am doing the happy dance) and I am shopping for halloween costumes on-line. It is hitting me smack in the face.