Friday, September 05, 2008

Please tell me it's Friday already

Is it me, or was this an incredibly long week for being an abbreviated one? I feel like I’m dragging around a couple of bags of wet sand in each shoe.

So I didn’t write a column this week--still processing amongst the many new topics that have just opened up in the world of satire and humor--but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been busy. A short list below, since it involves audience participation.

~I was asked to participate in the High Heel Hike to raise money for breast cancer research. If you want to join us on September 20 or donate to the cause, that would sure be nice. I think we all get to dress in drag and walk a mile. It’ll be fun, and who doesn’t love the idea of pushing a stroller in stilettos?

~And if you are crazy about Disney, then there is this Disney Mom Panel opportunity that you can read about here. A sort of Mrs. Disney Mom 2009 thing. (Don’t worry, I cannot fulfill my duties as the Queen, so someone else has a fair shot.)

~The Intern’s birthday is on Monday. I need to bake and frost something. And we need to figure out how to celebrate that event. So get busy, party planners.

~And check out this little distraction, or rather Category 4 distraction. Looks like Ike is looking for a showdown with the Gulf coast. This does not bode well for those of us looking to do anything after 8 p.m. on Wednesday…



~There’s like 755 more things I want to address blog-wise, but that whole bag of wet sand thing has just traveled to my fingers and I should chop a carrot or something for dinner before I atrophy.

No comments: