Saturday, March 19, 2005

Saturday

For the most part, I do try to get most of my chores and errands done throughout the week, so that if, by some strange planetary disturbance, we do find a moment on a weekend that isn’t running somewhere (like the baseball fields which have now taken over our lives) then at least we won’t have to worry about housework.

That is not the case today.

You can only go chore-less so many Saturdays before they start to catch up on you, demanding some attention like the other 6 days. After all, it wasn’t Saturday to have claimed to be a day of rest…

So today, we will have to spend some time on the outside tasks, and work on the de-clutter epic which I only attend to on days that start with ‘S.’

As tedious as that sounds, I am thankful for the mindless distraction. Events occurring far away from here are best left up to Fate today, and not to my worrisome mind.

So, here’s to a busy day of welcome diversion, basketball droning in the background, and finishing a book.

1 comment:

ver said...

That's exactly what we're up to today, too. Oh, the joy. Oh, the ecstasy. Oh, how I wish I were twenty and still asleep after a late night out...