Tuesday, March 08, 2005

A Must Read

The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini. Absolute inclusion to every reader’s list. It will profoundly move you in ways this humble audience cannot even begin to describe.

…I wondered if that is how forgiveness budded, not with the fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering its things, packing up and slipping away unannounced in the middle of the night.”

Your soul needs this, people.

And before I go off to ponder this novel even further, I will leave you with an annoying phenomenon occurring in blogoshere…"Donations.” I’ve read this cyber solicitation in numerous places, and for the life of me, I cannot get over the arrogance of this request.

Give you money because you write a blog that costs nothing to maintain? Thanks, but no. I can’t decide if it is merely another extension of narcissism, sheer rudeness, or unabashed lunacy.

So, this unassuming little blog continues to be free of charge.

I suppose you get what you pay for.

No comments: