Friday, March 04, 2005

No!

Because I must adopt a glass half-full philosophy when it comes to rejections, lest I find myself stuffing rags under the door of the garage with the car running, I’ve received 2 notable rejections in the last 2 days:

1) Yesterday, an actual phone call, from an editor advising me that they had staff writers at the moment, but she would keep my submissions (column) on file.

2) Today, a very nice letter from a local paper with these fine words that sum up to “NO,” but in a suggestive way: ‘…thank you for your submission…Your work is rather attractive.’ It is signed, ‘John.’

Maybe he wants to be my boyfriend.

Anyway, since I am so used to hearing absolutely NOTHING from editors, these no’s are almost refreshing.

Almost.

2 comments:

ver said...

Those are REALLY good no's! Keep rolling, T...

Tracey said...

I know, I wanted a cigarette after the last one...