Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The juice and nothing but the juice

I’ve always thought the job of ambassador would be a pretty sweet one.

After a long distinguished career in politics, I would someday be rewarded for my stellar civil service with a posh post like Ambassador to Fiji or something. No where that I would have to be responsible for actual diplomacy, but a nice peaceful place with warm weather and ample tropical treasures.

Little did I know that despite not ever having served in public office before, I would someday obtain that coveted post of ambassador in a nice peaceful place with warm weather and ample tropical treasures of sorts. Right here in Florida.

Well, sort of.

I have become an ambassador for Tropicana’s Juicy Rewards program, and in addition to never having to worry about scurvy again, I think this makes me some sort of official diplomat in Florida.



Quite simply, the program awards you points for every carton of orange juice you buy when you enter the codes under the cap online. But this isn’t some crazy green stamp program where you and the Brady kids are collecting stamps for seven years and have to save four gajillion for a sewing machine that you will then have to defend in an intense house of cards battle with your brothers--no, this is a pretty easy, straight forward way to get fun prizes, offers and discounts with something you already buy. My first carton of O.J. was worth 3 points, and I can already redeem points for free admission to baseball games, theater tickets and bowling among other options.

And because I am a natural ambassador and really excited to share this, I’m going to give you some more inside juice if you sign up online for free right now.

Use the code MOTHE-RHOOD within 6 hours of registering for Juicy Rewards and you'll get one extra bonus point worth $5 in savings immediately!
To get your bonus point:
1. Go to www.tropicana.com
2. Set-up your Tropicana Juicy Rewards account (just takes a minute!)
3. Visit the "Enter Codes" page within the site and get started with MOTHE-RHOOD*
*This one-time use code is valid for new accounts ONLY. Must be entered within 6 hours of creating your account.

I just went through the refrigerator here in my embassy and put 20 reward points in the bank. I’ve got my eye on some TaylorMade golf clubs perfect for afternoons on Fiji...


(Disclosure: While I don’t get diplomatic immunity in Florida or anywhere else for being an ambassador [I think we should revisit this technicality later] I did get 12 free points from Tropicana and O.J. money to try out the program.)

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

Just signed up...We can go rollerblading for free!

Tracey said...

Yay! Let's go rollerblading in Fiji together!