Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Countdown to 40--Foresight

In just a few short weeks, I turn 40.

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that yet because we've had a few more pressing issues of late to deal with, but long before hospitals and doctors, we decided we'd celebrate this momentous occasion with a weekend in Vegas.

I haven't allowed myself to think about this let alone get excited, but as we move farther away from cardiac issues and closer to April, I find an excitement building quietly.

We chose Las Vegas because it's fun. A few friends are joining us there. We are going to lounge around resort pools without having to stay at the shallow end. We are going to watch cheesy shows and cheesier people on the strip. We're going to laugh a lot. And eat. And even gamble.

And even though we planned this birthday getaway months ago, it turned out to be absolutely perfect timing.

Maybe there is something to this age and wisdom thing.

No comments: