Thursday, March 18, 2010

Carpet is a way more interesting topic anyway

I don't want to talk about it.

I don't want to talk about recurrence rates. Or cardiac tissue that is more like hydras that when you burn one away, two more can grow in its place. I don't want to talk about angst or worry or wondering. Or waiting.

I don't want to talk about any of it.

So let's talk about something else. Something fun and unambiguous.

Like carpet.

We're getting new in all of the bedrooms, and before I start thinking of what a crazy huge project emptying half of the house's various and sundry crap into the the other half will be, I am very excited. It's that home project I've been putting off for a couple of years for the sheer pain in the rear factor, but now that I've actually picked it out and resigned myself to the mess of upheaval, I'm good. It's the first in a series of three major home improvement projects that I hope to complete before the year ends.

So while we may not be walking easily these days, at least there'll be a nice layer of adobe Frieze beneath our feet.

No comments: