Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday

Midweek Update:

Picnic: I have secured all of the craft materials, and might I say, I am pretty proud of my efforts. I’m not much by the way of non-edible crafts, but I’m going to have a house full of room Moms, and so the bar has been raised. The kids will be making summer scrapbook pages and decorating aprons.

As far as the menu, I’ve perfected my cupcake prototype. Here’s a sneak peak.

I swearz if cupcakes were an Olympic sport, I’d medal in it. Since Hebrew National is providing us with plenty of their 100% beef no artificial anything hot dogs and veggie dogs, I’m keeping my sides simple as well. A red, white and blue potato salad which has received rave reviews in the past, and a pasta salad made with orzo, pine nuts and a simple lemon olive oil vinaigrette. After some fruit skewers and lemonade, I think we should be good.

Sean’s foot: Still broken, but at least he has a walking cast as of this morning and has lost the walking aids. He is traveling today, so at least he won’t have to check his crutches through security.

Date night:
has officially changed to Wednesdays for the next 8 weeks as soccer for Matty and Amy now occupy our Tuesdays. So last night we did our errands until a dinner of Nyquil croquettes and Sudafed risotto because I’ve got a killer of a cold starting and I am screaming to the Vitamin C gods, “Please, please, please, not this week!”

No comments: