Monday, June 23, 2008

Quiet

It is so dern quiet here. Unsettlingly so.

This is week 1 and only of camp. They are gone from 8:30-3 everyday. (Except to attend one of the dozens of doctor's appointments scheduled...) But this year Amy was old enough to go with her brothers.

This is strange for both of us. There are times when I feel she is still physically attached to me--more so than the others because she just has needed so much more in her short little life. There are precious few others she trusts--some good friends and our beloved Tasha, but basically it's the Mom and Amy show all day every day. And I love that, I really do.

But there are moments when I realize she needs to be away from me to do normal little girl things. And today is one of those moments.

And in a sort of related aside, Stevie--the old guy, the almost teenager texting 3600 times in one month--is still my big baby and I love it. Here's proof:



Armed with some downtime and his sister's sidewalk chalk, he made an entire NHL official ice rink in our street.

It was the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time.

No comments: