Thursday, June 05, 2008

My Writer's Group

Last night I met with my writer's group.

I don't know if I've mentioned them before, but I have one and we've been meeting the few of months. It's funny because I didn't think I would get much from this group when I first started, having never been in one before. But since we've been meeting, I've really enjoyed it, but also feel like they are elevating my work. And I hope to pulling my weight of adding helpful commentary to theirs. We've all got very different styles and projects going on, so it's pretty fascinating to be a part of something like this.

Right before leaving for said meeting, I was writing a column on my thighs being Communists. (You can read about that tomorrow if I ever finish.) Anyway, it's ridiculous of course. But then I go to the meeting and I get to bring my novel, and share this whole other side of my writing that is really gratifying, and well, grown-up. And don't get me wrong--I love talking about the political philosophy of my ass, but sometimes it's just nice to write about things a bit less...um, idiotic.

But speaking of idiocy, my rear end and margaritas (okay, so I just threw in the margarita part) it's another edition of the Thursday Quench today. I've got Teriyaki chicken wings going into the oven, and on my way to the next ho'tess' house.

(If I can finish the Thigh Manifesto in the next 2 hours, of course.)

3 comments:

JODI said...

I am going to send you a recipe for marinated cheese for your next Thursday happy hour. I think your friends will enjoy--by the look of last weeks table spread.

Musings of a Housewife said...

I'm on the edge of my seat for the thigh manifesto. Snort. :-)

Tracey said...

I so want that recipe--thanks!