Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's the little things that get me through

I mark this week with only small victories.

Like that I found a dress to wear to the auction. In a decent size. On sale. And when the saleswoman zipped me up which was no small task, she said, "Something must be in the way of the zipper." She didn't say that the obstruction was back fat. Bless her.

And the happiest email of the day was from Pottery Barn telling me the top of my new desk that has been back ordered for a month has been shipped...Yes, I've been using my new new desk without a top in a curious physical and lingual challenge.

I made all of my deadlines, however the time I set aside for novel writing didn't get used as such.

That I made a perfect Bearnaise sauce for our anniversary dinner.

And tomorrow is Friday and I made it with only 4 trips to the pediatrician's office.

So yippee! with a lower-case y.

No comments: