Friday, January 04, 2008

A few of my favorite Christmas gifts in photos

The first was an early gift from Santa himself who brought us a load of the white stuff in our Florida yard. It was only about 80 degrees that December day. (It always brings out the neighbor kids, too.)



And how could I not give the obvious caption to this precursor picture, "All I want for Christmas is my..."



Seeing Amy dressed in her Christmas dress including tights and shoes! was a huge gift as well. Although for her, not so much.




Although I didn't get any clothes this year, my children got some adorable outfits, and I love that. Here's big Jessie in this little Land's End number. Not pictured is her cute backside with ruffled tights. Again, the pink suede shoes that were actually worn by a child of mine--huge bonus.

4 comments:

JODI said...

You know I read minds, especially in photos...Amy is saying "Momma pink velour with fur trim,this is Florida. How about next year a Christmas dress fashioned of red satin with cap sleeves...then Momma, then the tights and shoes won't seem so bad"

Honestly I LOVE photos of Amy dreading being all guissed up. The photos make me chuckle as someday she will love being a girl and getting all dressed up. It happens at around age 13.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Love the pictures!!! And the commentary that goes along with it!

Classic!

Tracey said...

Amy picked that dress out by herself!!!I had a handful of adorable classic red satiny things picked out that did not bear Dora the Explorer in the front, but she won. I figured it was my only shot at having a fully dressed child at church.

Only 9 years to go...


Thanks for stopping by Manic! I'll see you in the breakroom at our mutual place of business!

JODI said...

Okay just like Slyvia Brown I make occasional mistakes in mindreading. I believe the photo really is saying..."MOM WHAT WAS I THINKING? Velour and fur trim! Next year mom do not let me win." However I love that the fashion industry won over Amy by simply applquing Dora--market guinesses! I'll personally keep track of the next nine years and alert when feminine fiesta begins--for Amy.