Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Summer warfare

Normally relatively well-behaved children, the long summer days are starting to get to my brood, methinks.

This morning has been fraught with arguments, battles, temporary cease-fires, tribal feuding, and general grumpiness on behalf of these junior soldiers.

Frankly, it's starting to get to me.

I'm in a strange melancholy mood anyway, and the passion to which they are spewing their venom is merely adding to my lethargy. I can only hope that they will wear themselves out from battle and take a nap.

In other news, I am preparing for the next trip of the summer which will be to NY and back, with points in between starting on Saturday. Richly looking forward to it, as this will be a complete family vacation as opposed to our partial one to St. Louis the week before. I am attempting to cross some i's and dot the t's on some articles before I go, hoping that "melancholic lethargy" is a synonym for "profitable creativity."


I may be bald, but at least I'm not chickenshit! ~From the 1977 movie, Slap Shot

1 comment:

ver said...

Oh, good, it's not just me. I swear, I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I just wanted to lay there and read.