Friday, July 01, 2005

Brunettes have more fun

It is a bitch getting old.

I went to the salon yesterday for the color of the month, which is more or less brown. Yes, who would have thought that after being born a brunette, that I would want to be reunited with my birth color after all of these years.

Turns out, as you start to get older and grayer, brown is quite a luxury. At least for those of us who need 4 (yes 4!) bowls of color to achieve this. A highlight, a lowlight, a color and a toner were all applied to my burning scalp to make my hair freaking brown.

I won't even tell you what I paid for that privilege.


Because I'm worth it. Andie MacDowell.

1 comment:

ver said...

I cannot bring myself to go full-color; it's some sort of refusal to admit that I really should. Instead, I just do some very subtle highlights every nine months or so. But the grey is putting up one helluva fight; sooner or later (probably sooner), I'm going to have to admit defeat.

So depressing.