Saturday, July 09, 2005

Riding the Storm Out

I'm watching Dennis begin his visit at the moment.

It's early Saturday morning, and the whistle outside indicates that the first of the "rain bands" are creeping through the area.

The official storm path takes the storm further off the coast to the west of us, but last night they began the first round of evacuations for our county. Also, I have learned that no one really knows what the hell they are doing when it comes to prediction of these hurricanes, so I imagine today will be spent nervous sentry by the TV until it has passed.

I hope it does this rather quickly, as we have a scheduled date night in place tonight--and I'm looking forward to an unrushed dinner sans crayons and a toy.

Update tomorrow on Hurricane Dennis. (That's my Dad's name, BTW, how apropos?)

1 comment:

ver said...

So what happened, T? Any damage? Everyone safe? Hope all is well!