Monday, July 18, 2005

Old business and New business

1) I neglected to report on Dennis after my last post--shame on me. We are fine, no damage at all. Just some wind and rain. I believe I am lapsing again into apathy regarding the hurricanes. A dangerous notion, however, when they are this commonplace it is difficult to remain on high alert from June to November.

2) Just got back from my week in St. Louis. Gosh, I miss it. It's funny that I still feel like it is the only home I know. Don't get me wrong, I still am glad we chose Tampa over New York a few weeks back, but St. Louis will always be the place I "grew up"--even if it was when I was 25.

I got to spend a lot of time with some old friends, and make some new ones. The kids were happy and content, and we did a lot of touristy stuff, too. Spending time with my best friend was spectacular.

And since I didn't even leave a quote on the last entry, here is one I ripped off from a family forum.

I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
~Yeats

No comments: