Thursday, July 21, 2005

Snore

Lately, I've been plagued with a curious insomnia. It seems to strike intermittently, and without obvious cause nor cure. Normally, I just roll around the bed for hours, trying not to wake the others that might there, until I fall into a strange fugue state that doesn't resemble restful sleep.

Last night, I decided to break the cycle, and I got up and began writing. Usually, I write things in my head at night, hoping the words will still be there in the morning, so the departure was novel indeed.

I ended up writing an entire essay that I had put off for some weeks and just now submitted it. It only took a couple of hours, and although my sleeplessness was not cured immediately, at least I did something productive rather than just iron the sheets from rolling over and over.


She floats along the river of his thoughts. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

No comments: