Friday, March 30, 2007

Hiatus

They stopped it.

I held out for days before going to the hospital with contractions 2-3 minutes apart, and they stopped it.

Or perhaps I should say delayed it, because the drugs only make them come at 12 minutes apart which I am supposed to consider some sort of victory.

I don't know why exactly we have to wait any longer, but apparently we do. Or I do, because I am the only one that really is affected every 12 minutes. And the best part is that I get to play the home version of this game, and so I can take the medicine 3 times a day or whenever I feel the need to make my pulse race and shake like a crack whore.

Anyway, the thing is, yesterday I realized I sounded like the angry pregnant woman all of the time, and now tonight I am just the depressed one. I lost the last bit of sense of humor I had somewhere between the first and second shot laying there in the hospital. So I give up. I'm checking out for a while from the fucking relentless pressure of the maternal universe and going to try to figure out a way to think of something else for 11 minute intervals.

No comments: