Thursday, August 11, 2005

Work

Sometimes, my easy-peasy freelance job ain't so breezy...

This month, I have some assignments that are either difficult because there's just not a lot to say on the issue, or my interviewees are reluctant, or perhaps dare I say, not-so politely unwilling to speak to me.

I'm not all that bold when it comes to cold-calls anyway, so when there is grouchy grumbling on the other end, I get all sad and defensive. Do they think I'm writing for the Enquirer or Washington Post or something? Hello?!

2 comments:

ver said...

What type of people do you have to interview? You'd think almost anyone would be happy for the exposure. people are so weird.

Tracey said...

I'm usually interviewing people for silly human interest stuff in their own neighborhood magazine. I got turned down--or rather ignored--today again!

It's like they are all waiting for book deals or something.

Jeesh.