Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Increasingly Hollow Promises to Myself

Now that they are safely tucked away in their classrooms, this is my "What I'm Going to Do Now That Summer Vacation Is Over."

1. Get my increasingly large ass into the gym 3 times a week. I have no more excuses left.

2. Get my increasingly smaller submissions stack out in the hands of editors. I have failed miserably at producing much to send lately.

3. Get my increasingly cluttered house de-cluttered. We need some serious closet space, folks.

4. Get my increasingly large To Do list whittled down to the tens column.

5. Spend an increasingly amount of time in my new kitchen once complete. (I'm reprieving myself until then.)



The opening line of my latest read, More Than You Know, By Beth Gutcheon: Somebody said, "True love is like ghosts, which everbody talks about and few have seen." I've seen both, and I don't know how to tell you which is worse.

No comments: