Saturday, August 06, 2005

Back, but not really

You can read of my travel exploits, at least half of them, in this week's column.

However, the craw has not been unobstructed.

I really had a great time, but the mystery did not reveal itself along the highways. The mystery did not solve itself in the many pages that I read. Nor was it exposed in the vivid dreams that haunted my unfamiliar hotel rooms. I wrote lengthy narratives in my head; hoping they would be there when at last I had the opportunity to record them on screen--a process I am working on now.

I disengaged in the pointless, the hopeless, the useless...yet.

I still feel...a little out of sorts.

Craws must therefore be appendages of the mind or heart.


Here's a quote from my current read, Wicked, The life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, by Gregory Maguire. "Love makes hunters of us all."

(Excellent read so far, by the way.)

No comments: