Monday, August 08, 2005

Hide and Seek

I post the following knowing that I have no one to blame but myself. However...

Months ago, I misplaced the only copy to my stupid novel-in-progress while I was attempting to be a responsible writer and make back-up copies of one's life work. (It was an issue between new hard drives and the misunderstanding of what needed to be saved...) Anyway, I thought it was lost forever, since no one knew where the now obsolete floppy had wandered off to, and I had searched the whole house for a paper copy at least.

I had begun the tedious and impossible task at recreating my monster, when what should appear in Sean's briefcase? The little bugger had hitched a ride there from some mysterious desk drawer over there somewhere.

So now I have no excuse to begin work on it in earnest next week when the assignments are in and the boys start school.


And because I stayed up late again to watch, Love, Actually, Here is a quote from that movie. The part where Mark makes the posterboard confession:

"But for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda - Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth - To me, you are perfect - And my wasted heart will love you - Until you look like this
[picture of a mummy]."

No comments: