Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Amy

This is a day you just get through. I don't think we'll get any points taken off for style either, if we can just return home tonight without assault charges on the admissions desk clerk at the hospital or the sadist that scheduled Amy's surgery for 1:30 in the afternoon but won't let her eat or drink after 6 a.m.

Thanks for that. We were up at 5:30 offering her birthday cake and ice cream.

Like I said, no points off for style today.

Be healed today, little one.

3 comments:

Carl said...

As sadistic as the no eating order sounds, let me tell you that eating before anesthesia is ghastly. I snuck a candy bar before a surgery when I was 3. Dear God was I sick!

JODI said...

When my Maddi had her second eye surgery there was a little kid roaming the waiting room because the parents felt so bad the kid was hungry they stopped at McDonald's and got the tot an order of biscuits and gravy. Needless to say surgery was pushed back for digestion.

My prayer is for a quick recvoery for Sweet Amy.

Tracey said...

I didn't object to the fasting--it was the fasting + a late afternoon surgery time! I was hoping for first thing in the morning so we didn't have to deny her for too many waking hours...

Thanks for your prayers...