Tuesday, April 20, 2010

More redecorating

For the last couple of weeks, I’ve been slowly putting the house back together after the Big Carpet Project 2010. I’ve managed to get through the master bedroom and both boys’ rooms, and feel like most everything is back in place with a healthy new shine.

There’s just one room to go.

The girls' room.

I’ve been avoiding this particular nightmare because the scope of this project trumps all other rooms. It isn’t a matter of putting things back in--the baby cribs have been dismantled and given away, the huge canopy bed that never had a night’s sleep in it by the child it was purchased for--a similar fate. I would take a “before” photo but I just watched my first episode of “Hoarders” and I’m afraid I’d get a call from an A&E producer if anyone were to see the crates of stuffed animals that line the walls.

So it’s past time to address this room at our address.

Another problem in this effort is how much I hate to shop. Hate it. I know what I want in my head, I just hate wasting days driving around to find it. So on Sunday, I ordered two twin beds from AllChildrensFurniture.com. I’ve worked with them before (they have given away some gifts to Suburban Diva readers), but this is the first time I’ve ordered from them directly.

I’m pretty excited since it could all be completed painlessly online and it will be delivered to my house in 3-5 days.

But you know the best part? NO SHIPPING CHARGES.

Seriously.

So I will let you know how much we love them and maybe even an “after” photo of the new room.

And if all of those stuffed animals fit under the new beds.

(So don’t call A&E, K?)

Disclosure: My friends at CSN Stores gave me a little shopping spree, and I applied the amount to the beds I had already chosen before we spoke. Seemed like a win-win to me. I will let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

Max Miller said...

Good to hear you got some childrens furniture. I'm actually looking for some myself for my two little ones.