Friday, January 22, 2010

Only 9 days until February. THANK GOD.

When I woke up this morning, it felt like the typical crappy Friday most of the days in this hellish January have felt like. I fell asleep during the news last night, so I woke up to it after hitting the snooze button fourteen times which only made me later to find clothes, pack lunches and get everyone off with bribes and outright lies that I'd hope they'd forget abut by 3:00.

Honestly, this January has not been my favorite. Besides this really awful writer's block that's starting to really get in the way of an otherwise brilliant career, this month have been filled with challenges. Really shitty ones that I'd rather not face, but no one asked me. And while I'd love to share all of those messy details with all of cyberspace, unfortunately I'm not the sole owner of that information so I really can't share it because I don't own it. So you'll have to trust me when I say it just plain sucks.

Until today.

While there was no Grand Event that deserved capital letters, there was a lightening somewhere. Nothing specific--no obvious solution to anything, but a definite shift. I can't name the exact moment it happened, but as I lay down tonight to shortly fall asleep once again with the TV on, my heart is a just a little lighter, my mind a little more at ease.

And maybe, just maybe, tomorrow when I wake, it will be lighter still.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

It must be because your in-laws showed up.