Thursday, January 07, 2010

2010 is trying to kill me

Sshhh...I think 2010 is trying to kill me.

No seriously. Don't tell Mr. Fancypants new decade that I'm on to him, but I am.

The first week of this new year he's already tried to murder me in various ways. I think I suffered from brain trauma by slapping myself in the forehead so many times. When that failed, it tried to make my head explode. Next came exhaustion and finally it's resorted to freezing me to death.

All this after I rang it in so joyously. I watched Dick Clark for it, for goodness sake and anyone else who did knows just how painful that was.

So seriously twenty ten or whatever name you prefer--back off a bit.

The authorities are much less likely to pin it on you if you take your time and aren't so obvious.

Jeesh.

4 comments:

JODI said...

The Midwest don't wanna hear any Florida whines of it being to cold...we're the ones truly freezing to death up here ;-) Just make sure the farmers save the orange and strawberry crops.

Anonymous said...

If you want your strawberries and oranges, then you will have to put up with a little whining! Besides, my son is hoping for snow. I have a right to complain!
lc

JODI said...

It's all in good humor...we'll all freezing, some just more than others.

Tracey said...

We are actually hoping for snow too--if it is this cold we might as well get some fun out of it!

I will tell you that I love having a fire in the fireplace and having a pot of something simmering on the stove. Our big plans of the night include those things and a movie rental.

Heaven.