Monday, July 23, 2007

Jessica Marie

You know me pretty well by now. You know that I tend to be a bit sarcastic at times. Somewhat a cynic even. But although that's true, I consider it to be more that I simply tend to keep my more sappier moments more private.

But I'll share this one.

Sunday was Jessica's Christening day. And while the religious significance is obvious, there is a bit more to it than that for me. I absolutely love this formal welcome into the world. I love the ceremony, the pictures, the celebration. I love the scent of the oil on her breastbone. I love the feel of the 50 year-old dress that so many in her family have worn before her. I love fixing a big feast and then toasting her all night long with my family who travels so far to share these moments.

So although I have no time to write (it pains me to say those words) here is a visual recreation of the day.



Aunt Kathy dressing her. (She also made her a beautiful sweater, hat, booties and blanket.)




A rare family portrait.




The intern, his sister and her beautiful baby.




This one includes Jessie's new Godparents, Joey and Katie.




And whom I am so thankful for on this special day.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awww, that's sweet. Looks like it was a lovely day!

Tracey said...

Thanks! It was....