Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Drum roll, please

I guess I have a blognouncement.

Since most of you who read this already know--I've either thrown up in your presence or your kid came home from school and said that Stevie mentioned his mother in Special Intentions at Mass to the entire school--I am indeed expecting.

April is the due month, and yes, I am feeling pretty lousy, thanks for asking. We are very excited for the new baby, but this whole pregnancy thing is not my idea of fun. I am not one of those women who claim to love being pregnant (I think these are the same ones who don't believe in drugs during labor or dyeing their hair. Both of which I will do.) In fact, pregnancy to me is like growing out a bad haircut--sure, it's worth it in the end, but there are a lot of days you still have to leave the house wearing a hat. (I know that doesn't make sense, but I'm losing brain cells by the minute, remember?)

But anyway, I'll probably be posting a column about it today or tomorrow, so I wanted to tell you first. And now you know these stupid Sea-Band bracelets I'm wearing are not for an upcoming Disney cruise or warped fashion statement, but to ward off some of the nausea that I feel every minute of every day.

2 comments:

ver said...

*screaming at top of lungs*

T! Ohmalord, this is lovely news. Four? Four? You are far braver (and more blessed) than I. Congratulations, you.

(Again, just caught up on your other posts. I am rooting for Young Diva's "fixing")

Lurve,

V.

Tracey said...

Quadruple thanks, my friend. Brave? Ok...I had another adjective in mind, but you are the writer, so we'll go with yours.

Next Wednesday is the scheduled fixing. We are all nervously excited.