Thursday, July 13, 2006

Delicious

It's been a while since I cooked.

I mean really cooked. Oh sure, I've thrown together a few meals over the last month that resemble food--but with all of our traveling lately, we've eaten out a lot or taken in.

But last night I had the opportunity to spend almost the entire day creating. For the very lucky assembled guests, we dined on individual Beef Wellington au Duxelles, garlic mashed potatoes, fresh green beans in a balsamic vinegarette, a lovely salad, and a homemade mixed berry pie. Everything from scratch and it was divine.

Even as I was working on the bordelaise sauce, the pressure-washer came in and said, "Wow, what are you making? It smells great!"

There is nothing like a red-wine reduction to make you feel alive....

2 comments:

JODI said...

I thought for a minute to blurt out "bitch" as I just fed my family frozen corn dogs for dinner, and I realized I was just inspired. ;-*

Tracey said...

Put dijon mustard on the corndogs and we're even. ;)