Friday, December 03, 2004

We Meet Again Stanley

I miss hockey. Yes, this NHL lock-out debacle has really grown quite old for me.

One would think that without an 80+ game schedule to compete with, that I might see my husband more frequently. Not the case. It seems he is working longer hours than before, if that is humanly possible. I feel for him. It’s not a whole lot of fun when you can’t even ride that Championship in the next season…

But last night, we got a small taste of the Coolest Game on Earth once again. At a charity function, Lord Stanley himself was the guest of honor. It was the first time I’d seen him since September, and his newest engraving on his bottom silver ring was finally completed. Among the famous legends and hockey heroes adorning my Stanley? My own every day hero and wonderful husband. Congratulations, honey.

And as an added little private internal smile, apparently, they like this at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.

No comments: