Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Ticking clock

We've returned again from yet another weekend o' fun.

Packing a summer for 6 into the last two weeks of it has been challenging, but somehow we've managed it. Because in less than a week, a high-schooler officially resides here.

This is incomprehensible to me. I'm pretending I know what to do as I scurry off to physicals and football practice, uniform stores and Office Depot. I clean out his room from clothes that don't fit even though they are practically new, and buy yet another new pair (or three) of shoes.

I love that he's here at this high school place and hate it all at once. I love who he is becoming--who he has become and I miss him already. We have had such a wonderful summer saying farewell to Middle School that I just can't imagine it ending yet.

No comments: