Saturday, September 03, 2005

Laborious

Fine--I'll go on record as repeating the obvious--this is a national disgrace. It is of little comfort to note that the President's leadership is abysmal, both domestically and abroad.

Now that that is out of the way, I sit to update as I am cleaning the oven. Of course I have a self-cleaning model, but this is the first time I have actually flipped the switch on that function since this technological miracle had somehow eluded me for a year.

We are entertaining tomorrow, so I was busy in the kitchen today preparing. I like parties on that Sunday of a long weekend--a day before to prepare--a day following to relax. Balance...

The week was a long one, I was glad to slip into the confines of a Saturday with little to do. Sean's been busy at work--their hurricane relief is in full gear, and there is a lot to do. Bless them all.

I think I'll be off now to start a new novel and finish the oven.

Happy Labor Day, all.



"Get off your asses and let's do something." ~Mayor Ray Nagin to the Feds.

No comments: