Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Project De Jour

I've finally decided to tackle the front courtyard.

What has been a 8'x8' weed garden for the last five years, is due for my creative attention. So, I've decided that this place adjacent to the front door and in front of the dining room window will become my Rose/herb/Zen garden. I am in the middle of weeding it out now, which includes the no small task of digging out the palm tree stumps that housed those raggedy-ass trees that prevented growth of anything other than dollar weed and mold in the first place. By the end of the week, I hope to have that space cleared, planted, and some sort of water/rock element placed in the center. Hey, it could happen.

It will be these types of long-neglected projects on tap for me this week. My Distractions Against My Distraction Project, I'm humbly referring to it in my warped mind. Keeping busy for the sake of keeping busy is such a waste of energy, but I don't think I have a choice at the moment.

In addition to my normal chore fare, this week-long celebration of nuisances will include the following:

*Finishing all April deadlines by Tuesday, including an amazing column (I feel the desperate need to be both creative and prolific at the moment)

*Designating a bank account for these paltry writing monies

*Dreaded dental appointments for the family

*Reading--finishing up Reading Lolita in Teheran

*Completion of Zen garden

*Shopping for personal clothing items--I hate shopping, but I do need some things now that the weather is blazing hot again

*Planning/Shopping for Matty's 5th birthday party which I have no theme, and no clue

There's more on the internal list, but I'm sure you've stopped reading by now anyway, so I'll get back to those noted here.

Sigh. Big distracted sigh.

No comments: