Tuesday, January 11, 2005

New Gig?

I’m trying to justify writing sans actual cash money again.

I have very few details at this point, but it’s a book review column in a local print magazine with a surprisingly high readership. Perhaps a byline? Perhaps creative control? Perhaps intellectual reward for the many books I read anyway? (Sitting in a bubble bath with a juicy novel) Not now honey, Mommy’s working.Perhaps one of those elusive “published clips” for my resume?

Perhaps some big important publisher recognizes pure genius and decides to award me Dave Barry’s vacated spot?

It could happen.

Right? Right!?

3 comments:

Trisha said...

RIGHT!

Tracey said...

Whew! Because I agreed to it today...

I'll send you an issue!

Trisha said...

I will be checking my mailbox everyday so please don't forget! All of the small steps will lead to something big soon! Congrats!