Saturday, October 09, 2004

Acting Like An Activist

I’m feeling very political these days…

Yesterday, I posted my column, A Political Fable. It was basically well-received (I hope).

Last night I watched the pitiful undoing of the Republican candidate on national television. During the time it was just too painful to watch, I scanned the audience looking for a familiar face from our old stomping ground, St. Louis. Sorry to report that I did not see any old friends.

Tonight, we will be attending Al Franken’s Kerry-Edwards Victory Party. (I love a positive attitude!) Unfortunately, we will be sitting next to 2 empty seats, as we could nary find another Democrat in the Tampa metropolitan area (Please tell me that is not representative of November 2).

I’m feeling such a surge of activism that maybe tomorrow I’ll go on Kelloggs.com and vote if Apple Jack’s should in fact taste like apples.

We should never pass up any opportunity to effect change…

1 comment:

ver said...

Yeah, well, you Florida-types have a lot of making up to do...

My husband and I were so sick of seeing the Cheney Puppet and Cheney signs in my neighborhood that we drove over to Democrat HQ to pick up a yard sign of our own. The office was closed (it was after 9 pm, after all), so we stole one from out front. How's that for politically active?