Friday, June 10, 2005

Poltergeists About

Either Mercury is in retrograde, or some other planet is out of whack...

After the A/C blew earlier this week, we ended up getting a whole new unit. It was time, I suppose. But then last night the phone went out for no apparent reason, and so the phone company was out this morning to fix it. Now usually, these technological glitches can be directly traced back to me...I was sure that the toothpick that is jammed in the phone jack to keep the thing plugged in may have been the cause of the lack of service. Surprise, it was actually Verizon's problem, and they fixed it without cost to us.

2 minutes after the guy left, however, my keyboard starting injecting extra, non-intentional characters every time I typed a 'y', 'h' or 'k.' Try typing the word "hockey" and it looked like the Russian names who play the game, rather than the actual word.

I have fixed that problem, and now await what other technological tragedy awaits.

No comments: