Saturday, June 25, 2005

Another vacation

After transferring Amex yen into Southwest mileage, I managed to get tickets for the children and I to go on a little junket to St. Louis in a couple of weeks.

I'm pretty excited--it has been a while since I've been there, and it will be nice to see everyone again. I've got some sights I want the kids to see as well.
It may be a small challenge to travel like this alone (Sean will be working) but I'm up for it. I was originally going to drive the whole 1200 miles, so flying will be easy after that...

July 12-17.

Here is a quote from John Irving's A Prayer For Owen Meany, written in 1989 which I just finished.

Oh, what a nation of moralists the Americans are! With what fervor do they relish bringing their sexual misconduct to light! A pity that they do not bring their moral outrage to bear on their president's arrogance above the law..."

--John Irving, brilliant writer and soothsayer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you originally from St. Louis? While I moved frequently as a child, both my parents are from St. Louis and when you move as often as I did, St. Louis became "hometown" by default. I lived there for some time (three years...Webster Groves and Ladue) before making another move that took me to PA in High School. My Mom moved back there upon my step-fathers death (which was followed by her Mom's death..thus the move) and lived there as well until she passed away a couple years ago.

Tracey said...

We lived there for 5 years before we moved to Florida--I actually consider it "home" in many respects. I loved that city and would go back in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself.

I know Ladue well--that's so funny that you are a St. Louisan by default as well!