Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer

Summer finally arrived and we are enjoying it immensely. We have filled the days with a whole lot of nothing, and that's just fine with me. It is time for nothing.

People keep telling me how hot it is here in the summer, and just wait till I feel that humidity. I smile and nod, but inside I'm thinking, "Are you kidding me? I lived in Florida for 10 years, I think I know a thing or two about humidity. I am three inches taller south of Gainesville from the frizz of my hair. I know wet heat." But I take the note of caution and skip the passive-aggressiveness without displaying the 3rd degree burns on the backs of my thighs from getting into a car. In January.

But the cicadas have gone and the fireflies are out and I'm ready for a Tennessee summer. Bring it.

1 comment:

JODI said...

I would take all the humidty the USA has to offer over an outbreak of cicadas.