Friday, November 04, 2005

Quote of the day

I've been madly scribbling out the last of my material for the book which is proceeding nicely, albeit quite quickly. In the midst of the writing, editing and designing, another unrelated piece gets accepted into another unrelated publication by an unrelated editor. Yeah--I don't really have time to be excited.

But I do have time to be annoyed.

Looking over the proposed edits, it doesn't resemble the original piece I submitted, which makes me wonder why they even accepted it in the first place. But--whatever--my ego has long since taken a latte break during the editing process anyway.

Until I read this:

Sometimes with humor writing, it is okay to go a little over the top as I have done here.

Really?!? Because I've been confused on that particular nuance after writing a humor column every week for the past 3 years. Maybe I should send you my manuscript and you can look over that to see if I've mastered that particular skill. Thanks for the tip.

Beyotch.

1 comment:

ver said...

Annoying! I once wrote an essay for a magazine, and they published it as is except for the first sentence. I hated the change! And they didn't even tell me! I can't even read the piece now because the first sentence reminds me how ticked off I was...

But you know what? Congrats on the pick up! (Um. Of the essay, I mean...)